JVM Big Data Engineer
We are looking for a senior software engineer with deep knowledge of the Hadoop stack and running high-performance analytics on the JVM. Responsibilities would be to build out high level interfaces (ex. TileDB-Spark) and the support TileDB-Java / JNI bindings to the TileDB native library. The goal is to make TileDB a competitive option for data persistence (equal to or better than Parquet) for Spark, Presto, Hive and other "big data" frameworks built on-top the JVM.
- Lead the development of TileDB-Java (TileDB Java API)
- Make TileDB a competitive option for Spark / Hadoop data persistence (equal to or better than Parquet).
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs reported by users / clients
- Build and develop use cases around using TileDB with libraries and frameworks in the Hadoop ecosystem.
Our headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA. The candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents located in the US.
- Experience with Java, Scala, and Spark
- Experience developing native Java extensions using the JNI
- Familiarity with the gradle / maven build and packaging systems
Nice to have:
- Experience with Hadoop SQL interfaces (PrestoDB, Spark-SQL, Apache Drill, etc.)
- Familiarity using / deploying Spark and on cloud environments such as AWS EMR
- Operational familiarity with HDFS
- Experience integrating Java / JVM libraries with high level scientific programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
TileDB, Inc. offers very competitive compensation and benefits, which include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical)
- Stock Option Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)