We are looking for an R developer to build and maintain an R interface to the TileDB array storage engine and hosted cloud service.
- Lead the development of TileDB-R (TileDB R API)
- Build out features to better integrate TileDB-R with commonly used R data science libraries
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs reported by users
- Build and develop use cases around using TileDB in the R ecosystem
Our headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA. The candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents located in the US.
- Experience developing and maintaining R libraries
- Experience using a low-level R API for a C library
- Experience using Rcpp / C++ for R extensions
- Familiarity with S3 / S4 OO frameworks
- Familiarity with R packaging, distribution with CRAN
Nice to have
- Experience using R to do out-of-core computations, “big data” frameworks / libraries (bigmemory, SparkR, etc).
- Experience with parallel / distributed computing in R
- Experience extending / building upon data.frame / data.table API’s.
- Experience with using / integrating with the “tidyverse” (dplyR tidyR, readR, tibble, etc.)
- Domain knowledge in using R within the fields of finance or bioinformatics
TileDB, Inc. offers very competitive compensation and benefits, which include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical)
- Stock Option Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)