Bioinformatics Data Engineer
TileDB is a generic multi-dimensional array data on-disk format, with optimized cloud backend support. Popular genomics formats (such as FastQ, BAM, CRAM and VCF) can be naturally represented as dense or sparse multi-dimensional arrays, inheriting all the performance benefits and features of a data management system like TileDB. We are looking for a bioinformatics data engineer to support existing and future contracts using TileDB as a storage solution in the bioinformatics space. In addition to deep understanding of the various genomics formats, the candidate must have strong C++ skills and proven experience with the internals of bioinformatics libraries, such as htslib and bcftools.
Our headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA. The candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents located in the US.
- Strong C++ (C++11 or greater) skills.
- Experience working with FastQ, VCF, BAM formats
- Experience parsing or generating one or more genomics formats with htslib and bcftools
- Experience with one or more high level language popular in bioinformatics (R and / or Python)
- Experience with parallel programming and performance analysis/optimization
TileDB, Inc. offers very competitive compensation and benefits, which include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical)
- Stock Option Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)